|Main Implemented project - description|
Implementation of large investment project Integrated Logistic for Use of Biomass Energy in Slovakia - Reducing Greenhouse gas Emission through the Use of Biomass Energy in Northwest Slovakia was the main activity of association BIOMASA.
The project connected:
• Reconstruction of old fossil fuels boiler rooms, in school and other public buildings, to moder pellet ones and their operation,
• Realisation of basic energy measures,
• Production of wood pellets as fuel for reconstructed boiler rooms,
• Activities for reducing institutional, financial and informational/awareness barriers
It presents complex solution for the implementation of biomass heating and establishment of the market with biomass, especially wood pellets in Slovakia.
Unthinkable part of project activities was increasing of informedness and awareness of inhabitants, representatives from self government and state institutions in other regions of Slovakia about biomass processing for high-quality fuel and about its utilization in energetic.
Location of project:
Project was located mainly in region Zilina and Trencin, as well as in the region Kosice and Banska Bystrica.
Slovakia is rich in wood material, wood waste and the chosen localities are result of long-term analyses.
Following partners participate in project besides association BIOMASA:
• Ballast-ECI from Denmark,
• Regional Development Agency in Zilina
• Ministry of environment in Slovak Republic.