4biomass - Fostering the Sustainable Usage of Renewable Energy Sources in Central Europe - Putting Biomass into Action
||Central Europe 2007 - 2013
||April 2010 – November 2011
||FNR e.V. - Agency for Renewable Resources, Gülzow, Germany
||BIOMASA Association and other 8 partners
The project contributes to sustainable exploitation of biomass in two ways:
- The exchange of best practice concerning technology, demonstration projects and management approaches throughout CE will contribute to territorial cohesion. It will provide an equal level of knowledge regarding available technologies, investment possibilities and operation of bioenergy systems.
- Direct support to regional stakeholders by turning know-how to show-how (workshops, project develop ment, field trips). A Joint Management Tool consisting of a databank will pool information on CE demonstration projects. It will help stakeholders to find tailor-made solutions for investments in bioenergy plants, and for their operation. For biomass as a limited resource, a political framework is needed to regulate its usage.
Main aim of the project:
The Project 4Biomass fosters usage of bioenergy throughout Central Europe (CE) via turning know-how to show-how.
- For biomass as a limited resource, a political framewoerk is needed to regulate its usage. In this context the project 4Biomass analyses the exploitable biomass potential in CE and its respective trade. A core activity is an internationally aligned stakeholder dialogue. (“What do you expect from your national Biomass Action Plan/Renewable Energy Action Plan (nBAP/REAP)?”) .
- Further a coordinated regulatory framework – a Transnational Action Plan directed at policy ma kers and implementing authorities – will be developed giving advice on how an integrated and transnational coordinated bioenergy policy can be designed.
- Implementation of policies will be facilitated by the preparation of a Transnational Forum for stakeholders to exchange experiences on and to further coordinate, national policy implementations.
- Moreover, criteria for giving a mandate to “Central European Biomass Centres” will be elaborated. They will address transnational biomass & sustainability issues and in addition play vital roles in the Transnational Network 4Biomass.
- National networks of stakeholders will be optimized and enlarged in order to operate as part of this network. The Transnational Network 4Biomass will support international cooperation, exchange of information about best practices, new technologies and other ways of biomass utilization. This supports effcient transnational management of biomass.