BIOMASA Association organized the training for market players from 8. to 9. June 2007 in Lúky. The program was organised through presentations, technical discussion, description of practical problems and solutions. On the second day, the visits of several pellet small boiler system installations (from 15 to 130 kW) and one combination of pellet boiler and solar panels directly in village Luky were organised, with practical presentations, description of technical solution and experiences of users with its operation.
The training was leaded by the expert trainers for theoretical and practical part as well as discussion. Servicemen of BIOMASA Association, with long-term experiences with operation of biomass (pellet) boilers participated at the training too and contributed to the professional discussion during the training.
The training was aimed on producers, vendors and installers of biomass and solar technologies, energy service companies, consultants in heating and energy systems, designers and small biomass systems operators.
Target technologies: small biomass heating systems (forcefully to pellets ones) in combination with solar systems (mainly hot water preparation systems)
- Availability of wood fuels in Slovakia, market with wood, chips and pellets in Slovakia
- Potential and possibilities of solar energy utilisation in Slovakia
- Wood biomass as fuel, combustion process, emissions
- Wood biomass heating systems division, types of appliances, the most frequent systems
- Technologies of wood fuels heating - construction, standards
- Pellet heating systems – different technologies, fuel supply, storage tank, control technology, regulation
- System efficiency, efficiency and combustion process measurement, evaluation of available technologies based on measurement results
- Connection to heating system, flue pipe, principles of boilers operation
- Combination of wood biomass heating with solar energy solar hot water and solar thermal assisted system
- Principles, technologies, devices, planning and dimensioning, principles for installation
- Alternatives of combined systems, dimensioning, systems interconnection – principles
- Strengths and weaknesses of solar systems, the most frequent mistakes during design, installation and operation
- Examples of realisations – individual houses, school and municipal building
- Economic calculations, actual/planned possibilities for financial support of small biomass and solar systems for households and municipalities