Strategic manage and planning use of domestic energy
The main objective of the project Strategic manage and planning of domestic energy – SMAPUDE_LIFE was to raise awareness on the use of biomass and solar energy among various target groups within Slovakia. Successful promotion of local renewable energy sources was a challenge towards a smart, efficient and sustainable heating in buildings contributing to CO2 emissions reduction.
BIOMASA dedicated this project to increase the efficient use of renewable energy sources highlighting the environmental protection in the Slovak Republic. The project activities were aimed at bringing about notable changes in perceptions of both the general and professional public on the sustainable use of natural resources regarding the climate change issues, contributing to climate change mitigation and adaptation, thereby meeting the present targets of European Union environmental policy. The information campaign was aimed at the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions through the new installations using renewable energy sources for heating systems and hot water production. The aim was to increase the use of biomass and solar energy in Slovakia by at least 5% per year. During the project implementation BIOMASA initiated the foundation of EKOKLASTER involving the key stakeholders in the field of RES use in Slovakia. A total of 18 members have joined the cluster since then.
During the project BIOMASA concerned with the development of cooperation with 38 secondary schools, but also preschools and elementary schools were successfully involved. Very important was the cooperation with Slovak technical universities, strongly focused on effective and sustainable uses of RES, processing of solid biomass, development of technologies for RES use and processing, regarding the environment protection above all.
A variety of different information materials was distributed on a regular basis to both interested end-users as well as key players in the project. BIOMASA promoted the project objectives at the most important trade fairs in Slovakia and in Europe. The project activities were successfully promoted during the foreign business trips and business meetings with number of partners from Italy, the Czech Republic, Austria, Slovenia, Portugal, Norway and other countries. Mutually beneficial business meetings brought either a lot of opportunities for experience change or possibilities for future cooperation within the project and beyond.
The main goal of this project is to raise awareness in Slovakia about the use of biomass and solar energy as a domestic renewable energy source for heating buildings and water.
The secondary goals are:
- increasing efficient use of renewable energy sources, in particular different types of biomass and solar energy in full compliance with protection of the Slovak environment,
- increased confidence and awareness among specific target groups of Slovak citizens about the use of various types of biomass and solar energy,
- reduction of secondary CO2 emissions,
- a change of fuel base from fossil fuels to biomass and/or solar panels in 300 buildings as a direct result of the information campaigns undertaken through this project,
- increase in the use of biomass and solar energy in Slovakia by 5 % yearly,
- support cooperation among organizations concerned with the fields of biomass and solar energy, resulting in the foundation of a functioning EKOKLASTER.