The project SMAPUDE_LIFE is information and communication project that informs both expert and general public on the use of various types of biomass and solar energy. Activities are purely information-dissemination. The core activities are promotional activities to raise awareness of the target groups in the effective use of various types of biomass and solar energy to provide thermal comfort of buildings and hot water. The target groups of the project include the general public, students and teachers, representatives of governments and the private sector.
ACTIVITIES TARGETING THE GENERAL PUBLIC:
- preparation and implementation of conferences, seminars, courses, excursions,
- campaign in regional and national media (print media, radio, television),
- a short film on DVD,
- participation in domestic exhibitions,
- preparation and publication of promotional materials,
- installation of large-scale billboard project,
- creating and regularly updating web site project.
ACTIVITIES TARGETING THE STUDENTS OF MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOL:
- environmental activities for middle school focusing on renewable sources of energy and their effective use (eco-trips, interactive competitions, "Open Doors" events),
- creation and publication educational materials,
- excursions and internships for university students.
ACTIVITIES FOR REPRESENTATIVES OF GOVERNMENTS AND THE PRIVATE SECTOR:
- preparation and implementation of seminars, excursions, training,
- providing consultancy,
- technical articles, leaflets, brochures, DVD movie.
ACTIVITIES TARGETING AT OBTAINING THE MEMBERS OF A FORMATION ECOCLUSTER:
- training and excursions candidates for membership in the ECOCLUSTER,
- formation ECOCLUSTER,
- educational events for members ECOCLUSTER,
- providing consultancy,
- develop cooperation with other international long-functioning clusters of similar orientation,
- issuing E-news ECOCLUSTER.
TRAVELING EXHIBITION "GREEN ENERGY VEHICLE ON THE ROAD":
- the exhibition will be implemented carriages with horses, which significantly contribute to the reduction of emissions from combustion of fossil fuels,
- events will be carried out regularly in the villages and towns in Slovakia during local celebrations (feast celebrations and anniversaries, city festivals),
- visitors will be familiar with the efficient use of biomass and solar energy, and children will be able to free convert city.
PROPAGATION PROJECT IN FOREIGN:
- participation in international exhibitions and conferences,
- exhibitions and internships for foreign students,
- cooperation with investigators LIFE+ projects in Poland and Slovenia.
EXPECTED RESULTS OF THE PROJECT
- Increase public awareness of the uses of biomass and solar energy by 30 %.
- 300 buildings change their fuel base from fossil fuels to biomass and/or solar energy.
- Reduce CO2 emissions by 20,000 tons during project realization.
- Increase awareness among government officials and private sector representatives of the use of biomass and solar energy by 30 %.
- Foundation of ECOCLUSTER with a minimum of 15 members.
- Raise awareness among school students by at least 50 %.